WICI is hiring an Information Technician to support the WICI website, advance WICI’s suite of software and hardware tools, and provide general technical support. Qualified candidates may assist with a range of tasks, including website design, website updating, development of web-based tools to visualize and analyze data, system administration, and system support. Terms of hiring are dependent in qualifications and experience, but will be for no more than 10 hours per week. Work-study funds are available for qualified applicants, at a maximum of 10 hours of work per week with a minimum pay rate of $20.00 per hour.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter outlining how your skills match one or more of the qualifications requested below and prepare you to carry out key tasks, as well as a CV/resume, to info [at] wici [dot] ca. Applications will be reviewed as received.
- Technical skills and training in computer science, mathematics, geomatics, statistics or engineering.
- Proficiency with varied operation systems (Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to design and maintain websites
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Support the maintenance of WICI website and other technical resources.
- Research and assist with implementation of new hardware and software options to build the WICI ‘toolset’ aimed at making sense of complex data sets.
- Maintain a record of all technical developments and provide user support.
- Provide recommendations for future WICI research and development.
- Attend WICI meetings as required.